|Grao en Química|
|Advanced Inorganic Chemistry|
|Subject||Advanced Inorganic Chemistry||Code||610G01025|
|Graduate||1st four-month period
|Guest lecture / keynote speech||A14 B3 C1 C2||During lectures, the professor assesses the active participation of students as well as their reasoning and oratory skills.
If necessary, the students might take a brief test consisting of short answer or multiple election questions, during the lecture hours. The solution and presentation of a study case using Moodle are also possible. The marks corresponding to these activities will be added to the “problem solution” marks.
|Problem solving||A1 A4 A6 A9 A10 A14 A16 B1 B2 B3 C1 C2||During the problem-solving classes, the professor assesses the active participation of students as well as their reasoning and oratory skills.
If necessary, the students might take a brief test consisting of short answer or multiple election questions, during the lecture hours. The solution and presentation of a study case using Moodle are also possible. The marks corresponding to these activities will be added to the “lecture” marks.
|Laboratory practice||A1 A4 A6 A9 A16 A17 A18 A20 A22 A23 A26 B1 B4||During the pre-lab tutorial, the professor assess the rigorous preparation of the theoretical and experimental parts of the laboratory experiment which concerns both the synthetic and the characterization methodology.
The professor also assesses the laboratory work, particularly: the organization, safety work, knowledge of the material and technical procedures, the manual skill and, especially, the ability to find relationships between the experimental procedure carried out and the theoretical background acquired during the previous work.
The laboratory notebook will also be marked. It consists of four parts: preparatory work, exact description of laboratory work (laboratory diary), characterization of the products synthesized and results and conclusions drawn from the experiment.
|Mixed objective/subjective test||A1 A4 A6 A9 A10 A14 B2 B3 C1 C2||Students will take the mixed test in the hours designed by the Faculty. The assessment criteria will be given before the exam.||60|
In order to pass the subject, the students must attend to all the laboratory classes and to the 80% of the remaining activities.
In the “first opportunity”, the contribution of the different methodologies to the final assessment is as follows:
C1 Mixed text, 6.0 points.
C2 Laboratory practice, 2.0 points
C3 Keynote speech + problem solving + short test, 2.0 points.
C4 Student progression, 1 point.
In order to pass the subject the students have to attain a minimum mark of 5 points corresponding to the sum of (C1 + C2+ C3) and comply with the following requirements:
The student must attain a minimum of the 45% of the maximum mark in contributions C1 and C2. If the sum (C1 + C2+ C3) is 5 points or higher but C1 and C2 do not reach the 45% threshold, the final mark will be 4.5 points.
The contribution C4 “Student progression” will be added to the final marks only if the sum C1 + C2+ C3 is 5 or more points. (In any case, the maximum mark is 10 points)
The condition of “no presentado” will be granted to those students who have participated in activities summing less than the 20% of the total mark.
In the “second opportunity”, the student repeats only of the mixed test. The marks corresponding to laboratory practice, and keynote speech + problem solving + short test are those attained during the normal period of classes (first opportunity). The contribution of each methodology and the conditions to pass the subject are the defined for the first opportunity. Consequently, a minimum mark of 45% in laboratory practice (C1) in the first opportunity is also necessary to pass the subject in the second opportunity.
The mark “matricula de honor” will be granted preferably to the students that have passed the subject in the first opportunity.
Attendance to laboratory practice classes is mandatory for part-time students (according to the UDC regulations). For those students, the contribution to the final marks is as follows: 75% of the final marks corresponds to the mixed text and the remaining 25% corresponds to the laboratory practice. The marking system (percentages) will be the same for both opportunities. The condition of “no persentado” will be granted to those part-time students who do not take the mixed text.