|Grao en Química|
|Chemistry, Information and Society|
|Subject||Chemistry, Information and Society||Code||610G01031|
|Graduate||1st four-month period
|Mixed objective/subjective test||A16 A21 A24 A25 B3 B6 C4 C5 C6 C7 C8||This exam includes multiple choice, short answer and essay questions.||33|
|Supervised projects||A16 A18 A21 A23 A24 A28 B2 B3 B5 B7 C5 C6||Evaluation is carried out taking into account the following aspects:
- Active participation and critical thinking showed throughout the debates in the classroom.
- Synthesis and reasoning skills reflected in the works presented.
|Practical test:||A16 B2 B3 C3||The evaluation will take into account the accuracy and skill in finding information in bibliographic databases, with a series of exercises to be performed in the Computer classroom.||33|
To pass the course there are two basic requirements:
1) Regular attendance to all evaluable activities; the attendance is compulsory, except for students with part-time or waiver of assistance, as indicated below.
2) To achieve a minimum score of 4.5 (out of 10) in every evaluable activities. If this minimum score is not achieved in any of these activities, the final mark will be Fail (4.0). To pass the subject, the overall rating may not be less than 5 (out of 10).
"Not attended" assessment mark will be applied when the conducted activities add up to less than 33% of the total score.
Only the marks obtained in Seminar and Supervised projects may be retained
The mixed test's mark obtained in the second opportunity will replace the first one's.
Students assessed at the second opportunity may only qualify for Honors mark if
- No mark will be retained for subsequent courses, i.e. the teaching-learning process
Related to the part-time students: For all purposes they are considered as students with standard registration, except they requested waiver of assistance as well, in such case the following paragraph shall apply.
Related to the students with exemption from assistance: the attendance to the mixed test is compulsory, but all the other assessed activities can be conducted online, including the practices of databases search, and ranked as if they were in attendance, so the design of a specific protocol it is not necessary.