Teaching GuideTerm University College of Physiotherapy
Home | galego | castellano | english | A A A |
|Grao en Fisioterapia|
|Graduate||1st four-month period
|Introduction to the language of the Health Sciences and Physiotherapy.||Everyday language for the health professional. Introduction to numbers and letters. Wriing: "My speciality".|
|Hospitals||1. The members of the hospital team. 2. In and around the hospital. 2. Asking and giving directions 3. A Job Interview 4. Profile of a health science professional.|
|Looking after yourself||1. Physical fitness
2. What to do about common illnesses.
3. How to stay healthy (letter of advice to a friend)
4. Listening comprehension: "What exercises can I do?"
|Semi-scientific language||English and Spanish technical words compared.
Texts for Reading comprehension: "The Ankle" and "Ankle Sprains". Listening comprehension "Using your Brain".
|Pain and illnesses||1. Accidents and emergencies (First Aid)
2. Pain (reading, listening and writing)
3. Symptoms and remedies
|Physical therapy||1. Exercising (Protect your back, DVD for listening comprehension, reading comprehension on "Movement, Posture and Lifting"; Video on "Australian LBP exercises)
2. Other physiotherapy treatments
(long noun and adjective groups)
|Youth and Old age||1. Caring for the elderly.
2. "Working with Children" (Reading Comprehension; "The Hope Children's Hospice" (Reading Comprehension)
|Treatments||1. Medication. Reading comprehension: "Physiotherapists may get medicine prescribing rights"|