This subject introduces the basic concepts of statistical data analysis, from the exploratory analysis (including the main graphic techniques) to statistical inference, through the introduction to probability, the concept of random variable and the fundamental tools of statistical quality control, focusing the teaching to the resolution of practical problems in oceanic, naval and maritime engineering.
1. Modifications to the contents
The lessons are not modified.
*Teaching methodologies that are maintained
Teaching methodologies that are maintained
• Practices through ICT.
• Problem solving.
• Mixed test.
Teaching methodologies that are modified
Tools: Moodle, Microsoft Teams and email.
* Temporalization: Teams will be used as a tool to give the theoretical an practical lessons and the tutorials. Moodle will be used for the publication of content and notices, and for the evaluation of students (continuous evaluation and exam). E-mail will serve as a tool to resolve doubts and to exchange files and information in general.
3. Mechanisms for personalized attention to students
4. Modifications in the evaluation
All methodologies and their weighting in the global mark will be maintained: Problem solving (10%), consisting of the delivery of exercises; practices through ICT (60% of the global mark), defined by the presentation of works proposed by the teachers with the free statistical software R; and the mixed test (40%), consisting of a test-type examination consisting of between 15 and 20 questions, both practical and theoretical, about the subject of the course (it will be carried out in distance mode and also in the synchronous mode).
5. Modifications to the bibliography or webgraphy
(*)The teaching guide is the document in which the URV publishes the information about all its courses. It is a public document and cannot be modified. Only in exceptional cases can it be revised by the competent agent or duly revised so that it is in line with current legislation.