• The second opportunity of assesment (in July) will consist of the following sections--all to be completed on the official date of the final exam:
1) a written exam with identical design and criteria to the final exam in the first opportunity, which will also be worth 50% of the grade;
2) an additional set of questions (about the readings analysed) that will substitute for the "Directed discussion" section in the first opportunity, and which will be worth 20% of the grade;
3) and an argumentative piece of writing about the readings done during the semester, which will substitute for the "Supervised projects" section in the first opportunity and which will be worth 30% of the grade.
Students will need to complete whichever part(s) they have not passed in the first opportunity.
• A grade of "Non Presentado" (Absent) will be obtained by not attending the exam and/or by completing less than 50% of the coursework.
• A 5 (or higher) out of 10 constitutes a passing grade. However, in the first opportunity, a minimum grade of 4 out of 10 must be obtained in the “Mixed test” in order to pass the course. In the second opportunity, this same minimum grade must be obtained in section 1 of the assessment.
• Students will have the opportunity to earn up to 1 extra point that would be added to their course's final grade. More information will be provided in class and via Moodle at the beginning of the semester.
• Students officially enrolled part-time who have been granted an official dispensation from attending classes will need to contact the teachers at the beginning of the semester and they will be assessed according to the criteria applied in the July opportunity.
• Students sitting the December exam (final exam brought forward) will be assessed according to the criteria specified for the July opportunity.
• Instructors may use the plagiarism-detection service "Turnitin" to check students' work. Plagiarism in any activity will translate into a grade of "0" in this activity.
• Every assignment has to be turned in in time and in the specified format in order to avoid a penalty of 25% on the grade obtained.